Front End Developer Job Description [Template Included]
Who is a Front End Developer?
A front end developer or front end engineer is the person responsible for creating the user interface and the first impression that visitors get when they land on a website. The job of a front end developer is to make sure that everything looks good, functions correctly and that it’s easy to navigate.
Why write Job Descriptions?
Job descriptions are helpful for candidates and employers alike.
They attract prospective candidates qualified for the role from various sources. The ability to post & share jobs on platforms like LinkedIn, Meta, Twitter & email provides exponential reachability.
A clear job description sets the right expectations for potential applicants. This gives them a chance to self-select themselves from applying, conserving everybody’s time & resources. And qualified professionals who eventually apply are better equipped for interviews.
The job descriptions are often the first point of contact professionals will have with your firm & this can significantly shape their first impression. Any grammatical errors, factually incorrect detail, usage of empty or excessive jargon, or even the tone of voice can put them off, leaving a lasting impression.
Lastly, the list of roles & responsibilities can stand as a baseline once the candidate is hired. A reference to measure their growth, performance reviews & appraisals.
Front End Developer Job Description Sample
[Use this section to provide a high-level overview of your company, culture, perks and benefits, career development opportunities and anything else that will get candidates excited about your company.]
About The Role
[Use this section to provide a brief overview of the role. Try to keep this to a maximum of three or four sentences. The responsibilities and requirements sections will cover the rest.]
- Create high quality and enjoyable user experiences by building simple, intuitive, performant, and reliable interfaces.
- Build, test and ship user-facing features in modern tools like [insert your tech stack here].
- Build and maintain reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Help guide our front end stack by identifying and selecting the right tools and frameworks for the job.
- Assist in documenting, debugging, evaluating, and unit testing projects.
- Mentor and pair-program with junior software engineers and other teams.
- Participate in the decision-making process.
- Stay up to date on the latest of front end engineering
- You have at least [desired number of years] experience in front end web development.
- You have at least [desired number of years] experience working with [input desired languages, libraries or frameworks here].
- You have experience working collaboratively with product managers and designers.
- You are able to communicate technical subject matter to a non-technical audience in an understandable and impactful manner.
- You are comfortable making recommendations to a senior-level audience.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- [Insert the desired level of education here.]
Lastly, we suggest you include a few other categories in your description that will make candidates favour your company over your competition.
Compensation & Benefits
Every job description should include at least the salary range. Most candidates expect a particular pay scale, and it’s essential to be upfront with your offer so that candidates can pursue something that better suits their needs.
Many companies refuse to provide this information in job descriptions, but it’s time to get over your discomfort. This only saves everybody’s time, effort & money.
This section is entirely optional. If any other qualities are nice to have, mention them here. You may skip this section, but it may help candidates know what to include in the application or the interview to make a better impression and stand out.
Call To Action
Ensure it is unmistakable where a candidate is supposed to apply. Do not make it complicated or convoluted to apply because that will reduce your applicant pool for the wrong reasons.
If your company requires assistance in finding the finest Java developers, reach out to the experts at Anzy Global. We’ve recruited tech talents for various roles for over a decade and have a nationwide database full of highly qualified candidates.
We believe in providing our clients with the highest level of service as we swiftly close open roles.
Reach us for a free, no-obligation consultation – we’ll get right back to you!