Project Manager Job Description [Template Included]
Who is a Project Manager?
A project manager title has different meanings across industries. Their roles and responsibilities include organizing, planning, and executing projects while keeping the schedule and budget in mind. They lead teams, communicate with the stakeholders, set goals, and lead a project to completion while helping the company grow.
Project managers have a broad range of skills and techniques that come in handy for resolving issues, and monitoring interdependent activities. They change their approaches based on the scopes and demands of a project.
Why write Job Descriptions?
Job descriptions often work like windows for candidates applying to your company. These windows enable them to get a glimpse of what their average day while working for your organization could look like. Also, it helps in setting clear expectations of roles and responsibilities between the organization and the applicant.
A well-written job description can be beneficial in many ways.
-They get you the kind of candidate you’re looking for
-Save you time on explaining what the job is about
-Set a clear image of your organization and its culture
A well-written job description helps candidates make up their minds while applying to your organization. In the case of project managers, their roles and responsibilities differ based on the industry they’re working in. Therefore, the job description for each of them would be different too. Here’s a sample job description for an IT project manager that you can customize based on your requirements.
Product Manager Job Description Template
[Use this section to provide a high-level overview of your company, culture, perks and benefits, career development opportunities and anything else that will get candidates excited about your company.]
[Use this section to provide a brief overview of the role. Try to keep this to a maximum of three or four sentences. The responsibilities and requirements sections will cover the rest.]
Roles & Responsibilities
- Defining the scope of a project as it relates to the overall business objectives and needs
- Planning and monitoring each task throughout a project to ensure each item is completed in a timely manner.
- Lead IT projects from initiation to completion
- Develop and manage project budgets
- Communicate with stakeholders, including IT managers, vendors, and executive leaders
- Lead risk management and mitigation efforts
- Gather, analyze, and report IT metrics
- Maintain best practices and document processes while staying ahead of web development trends.
- X years with proven Business Analyst experience in Information Systems implementation or IT consultancy.
- X years of experience working fast pace parallel agile project delivery.
- Working knowledge of [insert mandatory coding languages].
- Extensive experience with [insert mandatory frameworks].
- Strong experience working with [insert mandatory operating systems].
- Familiarity with [insert mandatory web servers].
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Professional certification—including PMP/PRINCE II
- Experience in [insert your industry] is also preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Every job description should include at least the salary range. Most candidates expect a particular pay scale, and it’s essential to be upfront with your offer so that candidates can pursue something that better suits their needs.
61% of job seekers consider compensation information the most important part. Many companies refuse to provide this information in job descriptions, but it’s time to get over your discomfort. This only saves everybody’s time, effort & money.
This section is entirely optional. If any other qualities are nice to have, mention them here. You may skip this section, but it may help candidates know what to include in the application or the interview to make a better impression and stand out.
Call To Action
Ensure it is unmistakable where a candidate is supposed to apply. Do not make it complicated or convoluted to apply because that will reduce your applicant pool for the wrong reasons.
If your company requires assistance finding the finest Project Manager, reach out to the experts at Anzy Global. We’ve recruited tech talents for various roles for over a decade and have a nationwide database full of highly qualified candidates.
We believe in providing our clients with the highest level of service as we swiftly close open roles.
Reach us for a free, no-obligation consultation – we’ll get right back to you!